1. Who we are and what we do. TVIfiber has created its website (website or site) and it’s TVIfiber MyNet mobile app (Mobile App) to provide an online platform (platform) (collectively website, mobile app and platform are referred to as Sservices) for providing information and features for the broadband services we offer.
3. Our Services Rely in Part on Information from You. Information you may provide or that we may collect from you while participating in our Services falls into two broad categories: (1) Personally identifiable information, and (2)Anonymous Information. We use the term “Personally identifiable information” to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including without limitation your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, financial information, photograph, telephone number or any combination of information that could be used to identify you. “Anonymous information” is information that does not identify you and may include without limitation statistical information concerning, for example, your use of our TVIfiber Services, behavior and technical information about your device(s), system and application software and peripherals, your access to content through our Services, or the pages on our Website or on our Platform that you visit that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other Services we provide to you. We may also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, which could include your IP address, cookie information, browser information, and the page you requested. This information is not deemed by TVIfiber to constitute Personally Identifiable Information and while TVIfiber will not use it in a way that associates such information with you, such information may be aggregated and used to improve the Services. TVIfiber owns this information and may use it in any manner it deems appropriate.
4. Personally Identifiable Information; Our Uses of this Information.
4.1.1 User Passwords. TVIfiber Users will have a user name and password which allows them to gain access to the TVIfiber Services.
4.1.2 Protecting Your Password. Please keep in mind that we will treat anyone who uses your user name and password as “YOU”. We will provide this user with all of the rights and privileges that we provide to you, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of the person using your password. Therefore, we recommend that you maintain your user name and password in confidence, and that you refrain from disclosing this information to anyone who might “pretend” to be you with respect to TVIfiber Services. We also ask that you notify us immediately if you suspect that someone is using your user name and/or password in this or any inappropriate manner.
4.2 How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information. We us e your Personally Identifiable Information in the operation of our Platform, Website and Mobile App in the provision of our TVIfiber Services and to comply with Applicable Law. Among other things, we want to help you quickly find information through our Website and Mobile App, leverage our tools in connection with your authorized use of our products and services, process payments, facilitate interaction with third party services that you opt into via the Website or Mobile App, and alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services from TVIfiber. You cannot participate in our Services if you seek to opt out of these uses or your information.
4.3 Email addresses. You may wish to provide us comments and feedback concerning our Website and Mobile App generally. By communicating with us for these purposes, you may provide us with your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we may use any information you provide to us for the purposes for which you submit the information.
4.4 Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information to you, and will use Personally Identifiable Information send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 6.
4.6 Questionnaires and Feedback. Our TVIfiber Platform, Website and Mobile App may allow you to participate in questionnaires, which we may post from time to time. We also encourage our users to provide feedback to us about our TVIfiber Services. You are free to choose whether you participate in these activities. We may ask that, in addition to providing your responses, you also provide Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we may use any information you provide to us for the purposes for which you submit the information. We will use feedback and questionnaire information for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of the TVIfiber Platform, Website and Mobile App and for other purposes (with no other obligation to you and, specifically, with no obligation to compensate you for these uses).
5. We Do Not Disclose Personally Identifiable Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions. We will not rent sell or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except I the following limited circumstances:
5.1 TVIfiber Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the TVIfiber Platform, Website, or Mobile App, providing services related to TVIfiber operations, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information with these companies (collectively, Vendors). We will provide Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions.
5.2 Agents and Tallahatchie Valley Electric Power Association. We may reveal your Personally Identifiable Information to our agents, employees, or contractors of TVIfiber and our affiliate, Tallahatchie Valley Electric Power Association. They may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information for the purpose of performing services on behalf of TVIfiber. All such agents, employees or contractors who have access to such information are required to keep the information confidential and not use if for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for TVIfiber or as otherwise required by law.
5.3 Questions of Harm. We may reveal your Personally Identifiable Information to attorneys, private investigator organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe (a) that you are in risk of harm from another, or (b) that you are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others or (c) violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Service Application Terms and Conditions, Acceptable Use Policy, or otherwise violating legal rights.
5.4 Legal. TVIfiber will reveal your Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
6. Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out.
6.1 Discretionary Account Information. To allow appropriate control over Personally Identifiable Information, you can access your account (after supplying your user name and password) to change or update discretionary information that you have previously submitted.
6.2 Opt Out. If we choose to send to you bulletins, updates, or other unsolicited communications that are marketing related materials, you have the ability to decline – or “opt out of” – receiving such communications by sending such a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that you will not be allowed to “opt out” of formal notices concerning operation of our Website or Mobile App, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship with TVIfiber.
6.3 Deleting Information. Finally, if you request, we will remove your name and all other Personally Identifiable Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Services, TVIfiber Platform, Website, and Mobile App and any associated TVIfiber Services. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
7. Anonymous, Aggregate Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our TVIfiber Platform, Website, and Mobile App, to improve our Services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our TVIfiber Services and the characteristics of visitors at our Website, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties. Our intent, though, is that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software that supports our TVIfiber Services through cookies, and through other means some of which are described below.
7.1 IP Addresses; Logs. TVIfiber may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the internet address of your computer), your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes. None of this data contains Personally Identifiable Information.
7.2 Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Cookies must be enabled on your web browser, however, if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Services.
7.4 Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to contenet on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 6.2
7.6 Computer Configuration. In order to determine whether your computer or mobile device is supported by our system, we may collect certain Anonymous Information. This information includes, but may not be limited to your operating system and browser, as well as the presence of any software that our Website may require to operate with your computer/mobile device or other third party software on your compute/mobile device.
10. Notice of Security Incident. If w detect, despite the safeguards set out above, an intrusion or other unauthorized access to or use of Personally Identifiable information (an Intrusion), w will (i) notify affected users of the Intrusion if the information at issue is sensitive, in our discretion, (ii) deliver this notice by the means we deem most efficient under the circumstances (such as, for example, first class mail or email); (iii) use contact information for each effected user that is current in our files; and (iv) use commercially reasonable efforts to accomplish these steps and effect this notice in a timely manner. To the extent applicable law requires steps in addition to those specified above, we will under all circumstances comply with applicable law.
11. Participation by Children and Teens; Advisory. Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO WE KNOW ARE UNDER 13 TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR WEBSITE, MOBILE APP, OR SERVICES. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR WEBSITE, MOBILE APP AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEAS REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Please understand that we cannot necessarily tell if a user is providing us with his or her true age. If we do learn that a user under the age of 13 has provided information to us, we will destroy that user’s information and cancel the user’s account. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a childer under the age of 13 please contact us at email@example.com.
12. Do Not Track Notice. Certain we browsers allow consumers to enable “do no track” signals through which a consumer can signal to websites and online services whether the consumer approves of the collection of personally identifiable information about its online activities over time and across third-party websites and online services. TVIfiber does not respond to “do not track” signals.
Approved: June 30, 2023